AIR QUALITY UPDATE, 6/27/23
Our staff and patients/residents health and safety is our number one priority at Elevate Care. With that said, we are monitoring the Unhealthy Air Quality Conditions that are occurring in the Chicagoland area, per the Environmental Protection Agency. These conditions are expected to continue through Wednesday, June 28, 2023.
Please consider the following information:
For the duration of the Air Quality Alert, all individuals, and particularly sensitive populations should:
- Avoid spending time outdoors. If you must go outside, keep outdoor activity short and wear a KN95 or N95 mask while outside.
- Stay indoors and keep your indoor air as clean as possible by not smoking, using candles, or vacuuming.
- Follow your doctor’s advice if you have asthma, lung or cardiovascular disease. Some symptoms of breathing smoke include wheezing, chest pain, shortness of breath, and trouble breathing. If your symptoms worsen, call your physician or 911.
- Keep windows and doors closed and turn on your air conditioner if you have one. Seek shelter elsewhere if you do not have an air conditioner and your home is too warm.
- Use an air filter if you have one.
- Limit driving a vehicle if possible.
Elevate Care is committed to:
- Recommend employees to use personal protective equipment, like KN95 or N95 masks and consider making masks available to the greatest extent possible for vulnerable populations and for critical employees
- Limit outdoor activities for staff and residents (ALL OUTDOOR ACTIVITIES ARE CURRENTLY POSTPONED)
- Monitor indoor air quality
- Deploy portable air purifiers where needed.
- Limit vacuuming, cooking, burning candles or wood, spraying aerosol products.
- Keep windows and doors closed.
- For facilities with an HVAC system with a fresh air intake, set the system to recirculate mode, or close the outdoor intake damper.
*If you need more information, please call the respective facility your loved one is currently at. We would be happy to answer any and all questions. In the meantime, Breathe Easy and Stay Healthy!