Open Letter to Employees
Update: March 24, 2020
To Our Elevate Care Employees:
We know you are concerned about the spread of COVID-19 (the new coronavirus) and how it may impact us here at Elevate Care. Ensuring our staff and residents are in a safe and healthy environment is our TOP priority. Per guidance from local health departments, the CDC, CMS, and the Illinois Department of Public Health, we have implemented the following measures:
- Restricting all visitors, volunteers and non-essential health care personnel from visiting the facility, except for compassionate reasons such as end-of-life situations.
- Actively screening all health care personnel for respiratory symptoms including actively checking temperatures for a fever at the beginning of each shift, mid-day and end of shift. Anyone with these symptoms will not be permitted to enter the facility at any time.
- THOROUGH REVIEW of all patients coming from the hospital, whether new patients or re-admissions, to ensure we properly screen and accept patients. At this time, we are not accepting positive COVID-19 patients in our building.
We need your help:
- Sick employees need to stay home. If you have any symptoms, stay home and notify your supervisor. Those symptoms include cough, fever, sore throat, and/or shortness of breath.
- Notify us if you develop respiratory symptoms while at work. These include cough, fever, sore throat and/or shortness of breath.
- Let us know if you work in other health care settings or have any exposure to other facilities with suspected or confirmed COVID-19 cases.
- Practice proper hand hygiene. All employees should wash their hands for at least 20 seconds or use alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60-95% alcohol upon entering the building and before and after interaction with residents. Soap and water should be used preferentially if hands are visibly dirty.
We will stay up to date with the federal government’s recommendations as they may continue to change. As new information becomes available, we will share it with you.
Should you have any questions, please feel free to contact your administrator or any of the Corporate Team members.
Thank you for your commitment and dedication to our residents, as well as coworkers. It is not unnoticed.
To the Dedicated Members of Elevate Care:
This has been an unprecedented week for the Elevate Care family and society as a whole. We are faced with challenges that we have never seen in our lifetimes. There is immense pride when “Elevate Care” comes to mind. It seems as if things are changing by the minute. Each day feels longer than the last month, and yesterday feels like years ago. Here we are though…..Elevate Care keeps moving forward; meeting every challenge; elevating our care. It cannot be done without the hard work and cohesiveness of the teams in each building. It is with tremendous gratitude that we thank our hardworking, dedicated, and fearless employees, known to the rest of the public simply as “healthcare workers” but to us, you are superheroes.
Elevate Care has a simple mission during this time. We will stop at nothing to care for our patients and protect our employees. The task force comprised of leadership within the company meets daily to continue to our mission to you and our patients. We have witnessed an unwavering commitment to our patients by you, and in turn we give to you our unwavering support and protection. We are being as diligent as we are firm with our guidelines to protect our homes. It is not only for our patients and employees; but for everyone. Most importantly, follow infection control guidelines and utilize the appropriate personal protective equipment you are provided. This is another necessary tool to safeguard yourself and those around you. We will defeat this, but we can only do it together! We must act responsibly.
Every day, Elevate Care heeds the calls for action of local and national public health officials in order to protect ourselves, our patients, and our employees. As this is done, you, our employees, heed the calls and responsibilities to care for our patients. It is a remarkable display of courage and selflessness. In return, you can expect Elevate Care to do whatever it takes to protect you. We will get through this as Elevate Care. Thank you for continuing to show off exactly what it means to Elevate Care! We are committed. We are brave. We are proud. We are the Elevate Care family.